Molpus Woodlands GroupCATEGORY:
Salary ExemptPOSITION SUMMARY:Under the direct supervision of a MWG Division Forester or Property Manager, a Forest Manager manages any and all functions relative to land management activities and marketing and harvesting forest products on lands owned by clients of Molpus Woodlands Group, LLC. These land management activities may include performing and/or contracting all silvicultural activities, all public relations issues (rights-of-way, easements, boundary line, etc.) and all other land use issues (hunting clubs, seismic activity, leases, etc.). Manage all properties to comply with each state's Best Management Practices and follow SFI® guidelines. Marketing and harvesting functions may include evaluating, negotiating, scheduling, monitoring, and the auditing of activities associated with short and/or long term timber sales contracts.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and 5-year plans and budgets for the land management function within a specific geographic division.
- Serves as the primary contact person for silvicultural activities performed either in-house or through contractual arrangements on lands of clients of MWG within a specific geographic division.
- Serves as a primary local contact person for public relations and land use issues within a specific geographic division.
- Serves as a primary local contact person for hunting leases on client's property and ensures income from this source is maximized.
- Serves as a primary contact person with loggers working on property of MWG clients and works with loggers to ensure the proper merchandizing of timber cut from these lands. Ensures harvesting meets the Best Management Practices for the state property is located in and loggers are trained to maintain compliance under SFI® certified properties.
- Implements strategies to ensure overall timber security for timber growing and being removed from lands of MWG clients.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Provides on-ground support and recommends and implements appropriate action on land-use issues such as easements, rights-of-way, boundary lines, seismic requests, and other miscellaneous leases within a specific geographic division.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Forest Management or a closely related field or an Associates Degree in Forestry or a closely related field and/or ten years experience in forestry silvicultural research and/or forestry land management.
- Strong verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with common business computer software, that may include spreadsheet and word-processing software.
- Must be a dependable team player with strong ethics.
- Must be trained and experienced in typical woods safety programs and be committed to positively addressing unsafe behaviors and situations encountered in the work place.
- Must be trained in the forest industry's principles of sustainable forestry.
The Molpus Woodlands Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.