Company : Advisian
Job : Structural
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting : Jul 12, 2022
:Advisian, Worley Group
Advisian - the consulting arm of Worley. Be part of the solution.
The dual challenge of supplying energy to a growing population, while addressing the risks of climate change , is one of the greatest challenges the world is facing today. The energy transition isn't just about alternative fuels, power generation, or use, or storage . It's all the elements that contribute to the energy ecosystem. We view these challenges as opportunities to deliver a more sustainable world.
We're developing strategies and business cases for emissions intensive clients to move to low carbon energy options, as efficiently and safely as possible. Our consultants are advising customers on circular and hydrogen economies, water stewardship, electrification , and climate change risk and adaptation. We work on projects around the globe. The problems are global and so are we.
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world's pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.
Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world's critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group's ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.
We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won't solve today's problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.
Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future - welcome to our growing team!Advisian, Worley Group
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley with more than 2,000 people in 19 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals, and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of Worley Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world's largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer's expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
Advisian is a leading provider of Ports and Marine services. We have a culture which seeks to challenge conventional and preconceived ideas. We have the sophisticated tools and skills necessary to provide innovative solutions to our customers, whether it is support for investment decisions through to the engineering design and delivery of Facilities. Unlike most Consulting and Advisory firms, Advisian is a technical world leader in maritime science and engineering, able to draw on comprehensive study, design, project management and construction supervision service experience to provide the right advice through the entire project cycle. Our diverse maritime capability, together with the understanding of complex port and marine terminal requirements for commercial ports, mining and hydrocarbons industries, allows us to deliver integrated and cost-effective solutions to our customers.
The Senior Marine Structural Engineer/Specialist is a full-time position based in Baton Rouge, L ouisiana with flexible/remote work options available.Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Lead team(s) in the design of marine structures including docks, marinas, ports, ferry terminals, piers, steel sheet pile structures, steel and timber pile structures, floating structures and waterfront facilities.
- Undertake, supervise and provide technical mentorship on analysis, modelling, reports, design and drawings for marine structural engineering design.
- Responsible for development of design criteria and construction specifications.
- Oversee preparation of quantity take-offs and assist in the preparation of capital cost estimates.
- Conduct peer reviews and facilitate quality assurance reviews.
- Attend project coordination meetings and liaise with project team members, clients, sub-consultants, contractors and regulatory and environmental approval agencies.
- Analyse tenders, review construction claims, prepare change orders, and process claims for monthly progress.
- Monitor construction progress through site visits and meetings with clients and contractors.
- Actively engage with internal and external clients for business development and Coordinate the work with other disciplines.
- Prepare or assist in preparing proposals, design work cost estimate, and project scheduling.
- Actively encourage and support a safety-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Over 10 years prior experience in marine structural engineering/research, or a related discipline.
- Registered or eligibility for registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Design and inspection experience in marine structures including docks, marinas, ports, piers, steel sheet pile structures, steel, timber and concrete pile structures, floating structures and waterfront facilities.
- Experience with berthing, mooring, and passing ship analysis
- Experience with tides, currents, wave and wind forces.
- Experience with seismic design, structural analysis software.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within North America and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley Group) is an equal opportunity employer.
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.