PACE, we work hard today to create a better tomorrow and we are looking for partners in our journey.
Pace Analytical Services, LLC., a leading environmental laboratory, has an immediate opening for a Full-time, Scientist 1 in the Air department at our Minneapolis, Minnesota location.
Position : Scientist 1
Job Category : Full Time
Overtime/weekend : Possibility during increased workload
Benefits : Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, life insurance, disability coverage and 401(k) with a fully vested employer match, and tuition reimbursement.
· Performing fundamental professional-level chemistry/biochemistry duties in a variety.
of assigned areas.
· Overseeing and administering standard chemistry/biochemistry functions.
· Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
· Serving as a team member and the development and management of projects.
· Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
· Interpreting, applying, and explaining applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
· Preparing fundamental functionals reports, correspondence and other written.
· Using initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines.
· Using tact, discretion, and prudence in working with those contacted during
Physical Requirements :
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment.
Stamina to sit for extended periods of time.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects.
Vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Education and Experience : Bachelor's degree in chemistry, operations, or a closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
Work Environment : Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors, and related items in a lab setting.