Study Technician (Research Assistant) - Anatomic Pathology
Great opportunity for grads!!!
* Do you have dissection experience?
* Are you interested in Necropsy? Microtomy? Histology? Pathology?
* NO PROFESSIONAL LAB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - WE TRAIN!
We are seeking talented science majors in the fields of Biology, Physiology, Animal Science, Zoology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology and similar majors to work as a Pathology Study Technician (Research Assistant) in Greenfield, IN.
Sign-on Bonus$4,000 (paid after 60 days of employment; external candidates only)
Labcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines. You will also monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs basic duties of necropsy and/ or basic duties of histology
* Trim wet tissues
* Embed tissues into paraffin
* Tissue staining techniques
How you will be rewarded:
* Pay rate: $18 per hour
* Sign-on Bonus: $4,000 (paid after 60 days of employment)
* Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime
* Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
* Have access to two educational assistance programs and paid holidays
How you will grow:
* Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
* Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
* Personalized development planning
* Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
* Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
* Data documentation and QC (Quality Control) skills.
* Problem solving skills.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement (https://www.labcorp.com/hipaa-privacy/web-privacy-policy) . (https://www.labcorp.com/hipaa-privacy/web-privacy-policy)