IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Job TitleTechnician II (dsDNA - SYB)
Location: Coralville, IA
Shift: Weekday Overnight (Monday - Thursday 9:00pm - 7:30am)
The Technician II (dsDNA - SYB) processes ssDNA into dsDNA according to order specifications in preparation for final shipment to customers or for further use in downstream synthetic biology production processes. This includes the use of PCR, PCR Clean-up, and QC sampling of the dsDNA for sequence analysis, size verification, mass spectrometry and quantification. This occasionally includes final product formulations to custom specifications.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
* Uses a variety of lab equipment to process products, including heavy use of thermal cyclers and automated liquid handling workstations
* Uses computers and a variety of custom software in a windows based environment
* Adheres to all departmental protocols, rules, contamination controls, and safety procedures and complies with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements
* Quantifies and samples products for quality control tests
* Recognizes process or equipment problems and seeks appropriate assistance
* Maintains accurate and detailed product and instrument records
* Assesses QC data to appropriately route and process products to meet outlined specifications
* Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and workspaces as needed
* Maintains daily ship deadlines and continues the pipeline for products that require further processing
* Follows documented custom instructions when applicable
* Contributes to and supports an efficient manufacturing environment
* Communicates with all levels of peers and management to ensure detailed information transfer
* Performs a variety of PCR protocols and subsequent post PCR cleanup steps
* Executes multiple processes simultaneously (multi-tasks) to ensure efficiency in product handling
* Uses aseptic techniques to minimize the risks of contamination to products
* Organizes and appropriately prioritizes workload to ensure efficiency in product manufacture
* Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Associate's degree in a science-related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
* Bachelor's degree in a science-related field preferred
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
What We Offer:
* Shift Differentials (Extra Compensation for less traditional shifts)
* Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
* 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
* 10 Paid Holidays
* Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.