The Corporate Safety, Health, & Environmental Manager is responsible for developing and driving the company-wide safety, health, and environmental program to meet and exceed federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company policy. This position will work closely with employees throughout Presrite to promote a proactive, behavior-based safety culture in conjunction with company leadership.
A candidate for the Corporate Safety, Health, and Environmental Manager position will be an influential and independent functioning team member who possesses strong analytical, communication, and negotiation skills. A candidate will also demonstrate a strong track record in behaviorally based safety program development and performance, and possess excellent continuous process improvement skills.
Frequent travel to our local and regional facilities is required.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Create and maintain Safety, Health, & Environmental (SH&E) program systems to ensure Presrite's program and compliance efforts are followed, continuously improved, and compliant with federal, state, and local safety regulations
• Promote management, supervisory, and employee responsibilities to meet SH&E program requirements
• Develop, maintain, and interpret metrics for all aspect of the SH&E program, with strong focus on proactive metrics
• Work with plant management to develop, execute, and continually improve the annual safety program and training plan
• Ensure cooperation and coordination of plant activities with representatives from regulatory, law enforcement, and firefighting agencies
• Manage the preparation and timely submission of reports and responses required by regulatory agencies
• Manages periodic audits and inspections of Presrite facilities to monitor compliance with the safety program
• Lead cross-functional teams on key SH&E projects
• Manage at least one direct report
• Bachelor's degree in the Safety related field preferred; or other Bachelor's degrees in combination with relevant work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing behavioral based safety in a manufacturing environment
• Strong knowledge of federal and state safety laws and environmental reporting requirements
• Strong teamwork, negotiation, and collaboration skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills to run multiple software applications, such as Excel, Word, Notes, etc.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Self-motivated with high attention to detail
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Must have valid driver's license and meet MVR guidelines