Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
The ES III works on-site at various retail stores and perform two functions, applying all applicable federal and state laws and DOT, EPA and DEA regulations: 1) Characterize segregate, package and document various types of retail hazardous waste and 2) Characterize, segregate, package, and document various types of pharmaceutical waste. This position is also responsible for the preparation of all appropriate and required documentation to meet State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- Travel between customer retail facilities, through assigned territory.
- Provide services related to managing retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste as well as characterizing hazardous, regulated, and non-hazardous waste.
- Properly process lab packs and prepare manifests and LDRs for hazardous waste shipment (according to State, EPA & DOT regulations).
- Maintain / manage own expenses and travel schedule to ensure customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manage route to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
- Provide training and support for customers on processes, findings and regulatory compliance.
- Provides written and verbal reports to customer and supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Contact with all levels of Customers on a daily basis. Regular contact with many different levels of personnel.
This position works completely independently and provides technical and work direction to lower level team members.
On-site waste characterization, packing and generation of all required documents, and driving a truck required.Education and Experience Required:
- Education equivalent to Associates Degree in chemistry/biology or a minimum of four years of industry experience is required. Chemistry experience is a plus.
- Four or more years of waste characterization and sorting hazardous waste required.
- CDL Class B required as well as Hazmat endorsement (HazWoper) is also require for transporting waste.
- TWIC endorsement and DEA certification required.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste.
- Demonstrates the ability to properly placard vehicle, label waste for transport and complete shipping paperwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches ways to increase customer satisfaction,
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently. Demonstrates ability to manage own time and schedule to get work accomplished and meet customer needs. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain a high level of professionalism, confidence and accountability with customers.
- Demonstrates the highest level of Company ethics and values at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to promote Company services and values in a positive, professional manner at all times.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to chemicals. Use of company-provided personal protective equipment is required.
- Balancing ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
- Climbing occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Crouching occasionally bend the body down-ward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Fingering frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc,
- Grasping constantly apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- Hearing constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Kneeling constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Lifting frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
- Pulling frequently use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Pushing frequently use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Reaching frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
- Repetitive motion occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Seeing constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
- Stooping occasionally bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Talking frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Walking constantly move about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and push/ or pull carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
- Must be able to travel a significant amount of time within geographic assignment which may include overnight trips. Frequency and duration will vary.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
ESOL offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package with a 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Harsco Corporation offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Harsco will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.