Environmental Health & Safety Intern/CoordinatorRequisition ID
Shift 1# of Openings
We have an exciting opportunity for either a student or a recent graduate in the Environment Health and/or Safety related field to join our team in Bloomfield, CT. If you are currently still in school, we are happy to work with you on your hours while you attend classes or provide a full-time opportunity for those who are available to work a 40 hour work week. The position will assist the EH&S manager with varying safety responsibilities in a fast-paced dynamic manufacturing environment.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, located in Bloomfield CT, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.Power your career with an industry leader that powers the future.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the EH&S Manager, and operations team to improve safe work practices and safe work culture.
- Complete weekly and monthly tasks for the EHS department including EHS tips, Toolbox talks, Postings around the facility, Continuous improvement activities (5S, Audits)
- Complete weekly, monthly and annual safety audits or assessments as required, working with appropriate departments to complete.
- Confined Space
- Eye Wash Stations
Update Lockout Tagout procedures working with maintenance personnel. Input records into Velocity EH&S Online system. Participates in safety coordination duties in such areas as safety trainings and orientations.Other duties as assigned. Qualifications Education:
- Prefer minimum of Sophomore year college courses completed toward Occupational Safety, Environmental engineering, Industrial engineering, Applied Health or other similar degree program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in Company Proprietary environments as required.
- Physical requirements: Lift and move up to 50 lbs. occasionally; Walk for distances including use of stairs; Wear steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other personal protective equipment as required. Work with and around machinery, chemicals, heat, cold, and work at heights.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and work on numerous projects
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions and conduct Root Cause analysis
- Willingness to do research, take additional training courses and work independently to complete tasks
Monday - Friday, hours and days flexible
#KAMKaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.