IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Job TitleEnvironmental, Health & Safety Specialist
Location: Coralville, IA
The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining the EHS Program at IDT-Coralville sites. You will develop, implement, and maintain EHS procedures, systems, equipment, and documentation, as well as provide compliance and technical support that ensures regulatory compliance and supports business goals.
* Ensure EHS Performance through the development, implementation, and management of EHS programs.
* Drive critical Health & Safety Programs such as Emergency Action Plan, Spill Response, Risk Assessment, Injury & Illness Reporting, Hazard Communication, Contractor Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Flammable Liquid Handling & Storage, etc., to reduce risks and company costs.
* Support Environmental Programs such as CAA, RCRA, Stormwater, etc.
* Maintain all required records and documentation.
* Facilitate the preparation and reporting of EHS metrics and other performance metrics.
* Conduct internal compliance audits and inspections.
* Create, facilitate, and present EHS training programs.
* Liaison with operations, engineering, shipping/receiving/warehousing, and research departments to drive continual improvement is EHS performance.
* Champion departmental Safety Committees.
* Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration:
* Bachelor's degree in science, safety, industrial hygiene, engineering, or related field (required)
* Working knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulatory requirements (required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to collect, analyze, synthesis, and interpret data (required)
* Ability to think critically and simplify complex issues to drive to root causes of injuries and incidents (required)
* Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (required)
* Adapt to change, manage multiple priorities, and work collaboratively with teams and departments across the organization (required)
* Learning to influence, motivate, and drive collaboration (required)
* Valid driver's license (required)
Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration:
* Associated Safety Professional (ASP) (preferred)
* 2+ years of related experience within a manufacturing environment (preferred)
* EHS experience in a chemical handling/manufacturing environment (preferred)
* Workers' Compensation claim management (preferred)
What We Offer:
* Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
* 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
* 10 Paid Holidays
* Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.