IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Job TitleTechnician II (Product Processing - ULP)
Location: Coralville, IA
Shift: Weekday Second ( Monday - Friday 3:30pm - 12:00am)
The Technician II (Product Processing - ULP) processes custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes cleavage, deprotection, QC sampling and final shipment preparation for the products being made. This position is also responsible for the preparation of long oligonucleotides used as raw materials for synthetic biology products and for downstream formulations and plating activities.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
* Cleaves and deprotects oligonucleotides utilizing appropriate methods
* Quantifies and samples oligonucleotides for quality control tests
* Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, contamination controls, and complies with ISO 9001 and 14001 requirements
* Uses automated and manual lab equipment; including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
* Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final products
* Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligonucleotides
* Maintains accurate and detailed product and instrument records
* Translates order requirements to process and route, or formulate, oligonucleotides to the customer's or downstream user's specifications
* Maintains daily ship deadlines and continues the pipeline for products that require further processing
* Maximizes automation for all processes using disposable tip liquid handlers
* Complies with ISO 13485 handling requirements and follows documented custom instructions when applicable
* Maintains flow of product from production to final product formulation
* Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
* Communicates openly and effectively to ensure detailed information transfers within the group and across shifts
* Organizes and appropriately prioritizes workload by assessing upstream and downstream activity to maintain an efficient flow.
* Executes multiple processes simultaneously (multi-tasks) to ensure efficiency in product handling
* Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
* Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Constant (67%-100% of workday)
What We Offer:
* Shift Differentials (Extra Compensation for less traditional shifts)
* Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
* 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
* 10 Paid Holidays
* Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.