Environmental Engineer / Scientist (EH&S)
We are looking for a sharp Environmental Engineer/Scientist (EH&S) to join our team in Northern CA. We are a well-established, highly respected environmental consulting firm based out of Orange County. We work on a wide variety of Water, Waste, and Air Permitting and Compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week from one of our Northern CA offices (San Francisco, Berkeley, San Jose) during our normal business hours. We offer a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Full Medical/Dental/Vision, along with a 401k with company match.
Position SummaryThe Environmental Scientist/Engineer (EH&S) performs professional engineering work of considerable complexity and/or executes technical projects and day to day compliance in Waste, Water, and Safety regulations as well as some Air Quality regulations. Support of our multimedia services such as Hazardous Waste/Materials management, Storm Water and Wastewater compliance, On-Site compliance, and Safety/IH will be expected. This candidate will be analyzing regulatory required compliance and technical issues, communicating those analyses within Yorke, with clients, and with regulatory agencies, providing support to project teams, and performs other duties as required or assigned.
This is position will work under general supervision and guidance.
The candidate qualifications we are looking for include:
* 2-8 years of work experience as an Environmental professional with a focus on Waste, Water, Air, and/or Safety/IH, preferably in a consulting environment;
* Experience or desire to work in multimedia and environmental services as a consultant with a focus on:
* Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance such as CalARP, SPCCs, HMBPs, CERS and TRI Reporting;
* Industrial Storm Water and Wastewater Permitting and Compliance;
* On-Site EHS Support;
* QISP Services, MS4 Permits, Special Discharge Permits;
* Air Quality Compliance.
* Experience with or desire to work within process, manufacturing, and/or other industrial facilities as a consultant;
* Prepare reports and submissions in timely manner;
* Support Project Managers and Team Members in project work;
* Ability to manage multiple clients at any given time without losing focus of quality;
* Ability to perform safety, environmental, or occupational health inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards;
* Highly motivated to continue working in the Waste, Water, Air, and Safety environmental field and expand their knowledge and experience.
* B.S. degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant technical degree (minimum GPA of 3.3);
* Experience in supporting project teams;
* Desire to learn or developing technical expertise in Multimedia, EH&S, and Air rules and regulatory compliance;
* Excellent verbal and written communication;
* Analysis, interpretation, and application of rules and reulations towards practical solutions;
* Capable of working independently in the field;
* Ability to think critically and develop solutions;
* Advanced computer applications, database management and strong Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access abilities;
* Field experience and ability to travel to client sites;
* QISP highly preferred.
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.