Most WorkSource offices are now serving customers in-person AND virtually. Please contact the location nearest you to get help finding your next career or educational opportunity!
Associate Director, Computational Biology Job in Seattle, Washington US Associate Director, Computational Biology Adaptive Biotechnologies - Seattle, WA
Job ID: 245182998
Apply Now I have already applied Save Job Print Email Share Job Description
Job Description We are powering the age of immune medicine-you can too.
At Adaptive, our goal is to harness the power of the adaptive immune system to make a difference in the lives of people living with many different diseases.
As an Adapter, you will be surrounded by driven colleagues who think boldly and innovate fearlessly. You will experience meaningful challenges in your work and be fueled by the knowledge that you're making a difference in patient's lives.
You belong here - come discover your story at Adaptive.Position Overview
The Computational Biology team is seeking an Associate Director, Computational Biology to lead the Disease Modeling team. This group of computational biologists/data scientists is focused on developing TCR-based diagnostics for, and immunological knowledge about, autoimmune and infectious diseases. They are responsible for the development of robust machine learning models that can be commercialized in our T-Detect platform or used in other internal and external scientific research. This role will guide the team through their work from sample acquisition, early disease characterization, and modeling, to reporting on and handoff of those models to other teams for clinical validation and commercialization.
The Antigen Map project (AMP) is a collaboration between Adaptive Biotechnologies and Microsoft Healthcare to map and decode the human immune system, nature's most finely tuned diagnostic. Together, we are usingimmunosequencing, proprietary computational modeling, and machine learning to map T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences to the antigens they bind. Using these data, we aim to translate the natural diagnostic capability of the immune system into the clinic.
Strong candidates will have experience leading teams and a background and interest in biostatistics, machine learning, data analysis, clinical data, the immune system, and communicating results to diverse audiences. Outstanding candidates will have research experience with multiple autoimmune and/or infectious diseases as well as substantial experience coordinating clinical data and machine learning research and leading teams. You will join a leadership and cross-organization team with strong machine learning experience, deep immunological knowledge, and a well-developed computational infrastructure. Adaptive strongly values professional development, and we are committed to helping team members grow in their careers.Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Other)Required
- Manage the Disease Modeling team
- Track and guide development of target disease diagnostics and present those results and recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders (from wet lab and computational scientists to clinical, commercial, and executive team members)
- Participate in strategic discussions with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Interface with external collaborators to report results, design experiments, develop machine learning models and manage clinical data and metadata
- Provide career development and mentorship for Disease Modeling teammembers
- Provide leadership and oversight on the analysis of sequencing and other clinical data to develop understanding of confounders, disease sub-types, and address key scientific questions
- Work with team members to develop a sound, coherent understanding of the diseases of interest and to develop diagnostic models
- PhD in Biostatistics,Genomics,Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years overseeing and/or mentoring computational biologists/data scientists
- Experience and domain knowledge in infectious or autoimmune disease
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with detailed analysis of next-generation sequencing, proteomic, or metabolomic datasets
- Experience with clinical samples and analysis of clinical data (e.g., clinical trials, observational studies)
- Experience in presenting technical material to diverse audiences
Job SummaryCompany Details Company Adaptive Biotechnologies Industry Research and Development in Biotechnology (except Nanobiotechnology) Job Information Location Seattle, WA Website http://www.adaptivebiotech.com/ Job Type Full Time Employee Job Position 1 Position(s) Open Duration Over 150 Days Additional Information Federal Contractor No Affirmative Action Plan No View More JobsAll Adaptive Biotechnologies jobs View similar jobs All Seattle, WA jobs