Weston Solutions, Inc. has been a premier provider of environmental services for 65 years. We work with our clients in both the public and private sectors to help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
The Environmental Scientist will serve as a Task Manager assisting Project Managers in project scope and budget development, subcontractor procurement, project planning and task management, reporting, and closeout. As a task manager, you will apply your existing knowledge and develop new skills while working on a variety of challenging environmental and construction projects.
Candidate shall complete site/building investigations as client concerns arise, report findings and develop comprehensive remediation scopes of work for client to decide on actions. Said remediation would be performed within all applicable regulations and industry standards. Emphasis would be within the bounds of industrial hygiene in order to evaluate hazards presented by deteriorating building materials, finishes and paints.
Candidate would be based at the Edison, NJ office (with ability to work from home also).
Requirements* 5+ years dedicated experience performing asbestos and lead inspections (no past infractions)
* Current asbestos inspector refresher training. Licensing in NYS/NYC a must.
* Familiarity with NYS/NYC asbestos abatement practices and regulations
* Familiarity with NIOSH, OSHA, EPA standards and practices pertaining to asbestos and lead.
* Microsoft Office proficient (especially word and excel)
* Adobe Acrobat proficient
* Possess reliable transportation
* Ability to work occasional non-business hours, plus occasional travel (East coast)
* Ability to work independently, travel and improvise within disaster-stricken areas immediately following events (hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires etc).
* Professional and courteous with all stakeholders (clients, vendors, regulators)
* Bachelor's Degree in an Environmental Science field (Engineering, chemistry, safety, biology or related)
* Familiarity with asbestos abatement practices and regulations in CT, MA, RI, NJ and elsewhere is a plus.
* 1-3 years asbestos and lead abatement monitoring/oversight experience (air sampling etc)
* Current HazWoper training
* Current lead inspector training certification and XRF experience a plus
* Familiarity with mold and moisture investigations within commercial/industrial facilities.
* Familiarity with indoor air quality and pertinent equipment (MultiRAE Lite/Pro/Plus)
* Familiarity with basic contracting terms and workflows, as the candidate will be engaging vendors in order to complete work that is awarded by clients.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous and comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions
Paid time off, including personal, holiday and parental leave
Life and disability plans
Critical illness and accident plans