Job Profile SummaryThe Environmental Advisor is responsible for supporting environmental regulatory compliance and the delivery of regulatory activities, including inspections and reporting, using basic technical capabilities to provide day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental compliance.
Job AdvertKEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental permit compliance, coordinating regulatory inspections and incident responses.
- Supports the identification, prioritization and management of environmental impacts and risks, providing basic technical advice and support to projects, including waste management and environmental management reviews.
- Manages the flares and process heaters program to include regulatory applicability, inspections, emissions monitoring and reporting
- Identifies process, people and performance environmental and compliance risk reduction measures, providing risk mitigation recommendations to team members.
- Provides input into the development of the self-verification process, participating in relevant internal networks to deliver training and share best practice.
- Liaises with business units and employees at all levels to provide technical support and advice.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.
- Establishes and maintains document control guidelines and work processes in support of all operational areas and programs.
- Assists the distribution and maintenance of HSE-related materials, equipment, procedures, personnel and guidance, documenting maintenance activities.
- BS in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, or equivalent education is essential.
- Environmental based accreditations desirable.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years previous environmental program management experience is essential; experience with Flares, Process Heaters, or other similar experience, is preferred.
- Experience in Clean Air Act compliance (Title V, NSPS, MACT, etc.)
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Data quality management experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft office (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with Data Acquisition and Handling Systems (DAHS)
- Experience with Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Experience in refinery and/or chemical plant process engineering or operations
- Experience working with industry coalitions and governmental regulatory agencies
- Experience with PowerBI and Palantir
- Trained to lead Self-Assessment and Audits, and root cause analyses (RCA).
- Problem Solver
- Foster effective teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work outside in the refinery process operating units
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up
- Ability to read and understand P&ID - both in field and office settings.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Operations and Maintenance staff to implement sustainable customer focused compliance management systems.
- Ability to perform work with cross-functional teams and provide oversight to contractor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to review new and existing environmental regulations, provide interpretation, and translate into actionable terms via policies, procedures, and plans.
EntityProduction & Operations
Job Family GroupHSSE Group
Relocation availableYes - Domestic (In country) only
Time TypeFull time
CountryUnited States of America
About BPPRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardized
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimization
• maximizing efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
Legal disclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at PeopleCareHouston@bp.com; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement