Sense is a fast-growing greentech scale-up based in Cambridge, MA. We build smart home monitoring systems to help people take command of their energy usage, saving money while combating climate change. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient, and we're looking to make an impact at scaleSense's technology has the potential to remove one gigaton of carbon from the atmosphere every year.
We're looking for talented self-starters who want to be part of the energy transformation and are ready, willing, and able to tackle tough challenges and complex technical problems. When you join the Sense team, you're helping us build a cleaner, more resilient future.
Sense supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to foster an engaging, respectful, and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be a member of a small team, involved in all aspects of design, verification, certification, production test, and manufacturing support of our home energy monitor system.
Collaboration/coordination with internal teams and our manufacturing partners are key factors in the success of our delivery. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and we have a highly iterative development process.
This position will be onsite at our Cambridge location conveniently located in Central Square.
* 4 to 8 years of professional work experience additional internships are a plus
* Switching power supply, microprocessor, FPGA, and data acquisition is a plus
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-motivated with a desire to learn
* BA/BS or masters degree in EE or relevant field
* Passion for electronics and problem solving
Why we think you will love working with us
* Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
* Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
* Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
* "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
* Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
* 50 on Fire - BostInno
* Top 100 - Red Herring
* Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
* Global Cleantech 100