Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Julie Scarbro
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
#LI-JS1 Primary Purpose:
- Lead health and safety strategy development and deployment
- Administer and continuously improve the safety and health management system
- Facilitate health and safety plant governance process
- Establish key performance indicators for the function leading and lagging
- Develop methods to continuously increase health and safety engagement within hourly and salary workforce
- Partner with other functions and lead efforts to continuously improve plant culture
- Cultivate a learning culture through the integration of human and organizational performance philosophy
- Maintain compliance to state, federal, local, and company requirements
- Partner with the continuous skills development team in administering and improving health and safety training and the safety leadership curriculum
- Partner with USW safety committee to drive plant strategy
- Execute strategies to eliminate serious injuries, continuously reduce the occurrence of minor incidents, increase engagement in the health and safety management system, and improve plant culture.
- Apply experience and knowledge to ensure compliance with health and safety regulatory requirements and company policies
- Consolidate, evaluate, and report relevant data and information
- Develop relationships through establishing and maintaining credibility. Stay abreast to current state of process and culture by spending sufficient time on plant floor.
- Continuously integrate "People and Environmental Care" methodology into the site operating system (Plant Optimization)
- Bachelor's Degree (4-year degree from an accredited university)
- BS or MS in Safety or Industrial Hygiene preferred. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) desired.
- Minimum 5 years safety experience in manufacturing environment in an Environmental, Health & Safety leadership role
- Management or staff position in a mid-size manufacturing environment
- Exceptional knowledge of OSHA regulations and modern methods of safety management (e.,g., Human and Organizational Performance)
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional influencer at all levels of the organization
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 54 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.