Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Julie Scarbro
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Purpose of the position:
• The Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator (with support from the Site Leadership Team/Environmental, Health and Safety Manager) is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of processes to maintain environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance and to continuously reduce EHS risk. This position will provide EHS expertise relating to applicable regulations, controls and state-of-the art methods of EHS management.
• The incumbent will manage relevant data to ensure all required reporting and communication to regulators is complete and accurate. He/She will maintain ISO 14001 certification by implementing improvements in facility management systems, internal environmental audits, corrective action plans and continuous improvement activities. This associate will track, trend and report on EHS-related key performance indicators (KPIs).
• This role will build EHS capability within the site, to include EHS management system element owners/members of EHS element teams/subcommittees. Build and leverage relationships with formal/informal leaders to drive EHS down, up and across the organization.
Primary duties/ responsibilities:
• Maintain a deep-level understanding of existing environmental permit requirements. Ensure required activities are performed and data is accurate/organized/maintained/reported (as required).
• Provide guidance in the areas of isolation/control of hazardous energy (i.e, lockout/tagout), electrical safety, machine guarding, ergonomics, industrial hygiene and hazard communication/chemical management (in addition to other safety media).
• Identify opportunities to enhance EHS compliance and reduce risk. Develop, implement and monitor action plans.
• Track, trend and report identified KPIs to site/corporate leadership
• Inspect and audit EHS-related processes/equipment - Track, trend and report results.
Bachelor's degree in Environmental and/or Health and Safety.
• Education or experience in Environmental Management
• Experience implementing safety processes and programs
• Experience tracking, trending and reporting environmental, health and safety related data
• Experience influencing and selling ideas
• 3 or more years of experience in Health and Safety or Environmental related work is desired
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.