We are seeking a creative, collaborative, and motivated scientist to join the VelociGene Tech Center. Our mission is to develop innovative genetically engineered models to support Regeneron's drug discovery efforts. You will be a key member of the Transgenic Biology and In vivo Engineering team tasked with developing innovative genetic engineering approaches for disease modeling and drug discovery.In this role a typical day may include:
This role may be for you if:
- Propose and execute projects to develop new methods or technology innovations that enhance our discovery capabilities.
- Design and execute rigorous experiments to address core questions, test hypotheses and critically analyze resultant data.
- Present data both internally and externally, and productively participate in discussions in our collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Maintain scientific curiosity and familiarity with current advances in genome engineering and apply such knowledge toward development of new or improved technologies
- Culture and maintenance of pluripotent, transformed, and primary cells lines.
- Assist with in vivo experiments, as needed.
- Interact on a regular basis with high level Scientists to accomplish research goals.
- Contribute to lab and equipment upkeep to maintain an effective and efficient working environment.
To be considered for this role you must have
- Have the ability to dissect challenging problems and interact effectively with team members.
- Are meticulous and organized with a drive toward innovation and process improvement.
- Are a creative thinker, with the ability to troubleshoot and focus on continued process improvement.
a PhD in Biological Sciences, and a strong background in the practical and conceptual aspects of cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or disease model development. We are looking for someone with experience in tissue culture, mESC culture experience a bonus. In-vivo skills are helpful. Since VelociGene supports Regeneron's entire early drug discovery portfolio, a successful candidate will be comfortable working in cross functional teams across a wide spectrum of disease focus areas.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.