Professional Climate Resiliency Practice Leader Philadelphia, PA : 6/1/2022 Job Description Job ID#:
Details: Take Your Career to the Next Level Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and ready to make an impact?
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and mentor amazing creative colleagues? Meet Kleinfelder - one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are incredible problem-solvers and solution-providers, and we want you to have a future here. Grow with the best.
Join a smart, creative, and inspired team - The Kleinfelder community unites more than 3,100 employees working at over 105 locations across the globe. Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements
. We understand the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive. Step into Your New Role YOUR OPPORTUNITY We're looking for a Climate Resiliency Practice Leader to mentor and lead our Resiliency Team throughout the Eastern United States. This person will be mid-Atlantic based - any location from NY to VA. You will be working with seasoned Resiliency professionals and experienced Resiliency marketing leads in a supportive and collaborative environment. You will be key to our success.
You will be a senior leader and subject matter expert, supplying practice technical oversight and helping drive the strategic direction of Kleinfelder's Resiliency Practice; and supplying Resiliency program management, technical, and strategic expertise. You will be recognized as Kleinfelder's industry leader and expert.
You will be the face of Kleinfelder in the Resiliency marketplace - actively taking part in marketing, client relations, and firm visibility development efforts. Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals supplying solutions that improve our clients' water, transportation, energy, and other non-traditional infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project. We foster an environment that is open, collaborative and rewarding for our employees. We strongly believe that our employees are the driving force behind our success. DO YOU HAVE
- A broad knowledge base of ecological systems, water resources, coastal systems, and climate resiliency planning, vulnerability, design and public policy
- Climate change risk/resiliency subject matter expertise and experience working with municipal/public agencies and their infrastructure - traditional and non-traditional, man-made and natural
- The ability to evaluate protection of existing elements of the built environment through climate change adaptation solutions
- Experience with state/regional climate adaptation and resiliency programs and agencies
- Working experience with FEMA programs, including Pre-Disaster Grant Program/BRIC Program, FEMA Flood Insurance Program; working knowledge of grant programs including HMA, HMGP, FMA and CDBG-DR, NOAA/NFWF Resiliency programs, and experience with relevant FEMA and NOAA tools (e.g., Resiliency Analysis and Planning Tool, National Risk Index)
- Sustainability credentials and experience with coastal resiliency program development and project implementation
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Help expand Kleinfelder's portfolio of large-scale resiliency and climate-related projects - working with municipalities, agencies and other governmental organizations, funding agencies, and utility providers, healthcare, and university campuses
- Serve in the role of Program Manager, Project Principal or Resiliency Lead on related projects
- Build project teams, integrating resiliency perspectives into Kleinfelder's infrastructure projects and delivering stand-alone consulting projects
- Assist clients in understanding funding related to the Infrastructure Investment Jobs Act and other similar programs
- Partner with internal Kleinfelder client leads to help them understand the value of resiliency and climate-related services to their clients
- Develop diverse pursuit and project teams around resiliency work, including performance-based risk assessment, climate change assessment and adaptation plans, vulnerability assessments, business continuity planning and asset management plans
- Represent Kleinfelder within select resiliency and climate-change organizations
- Communicate with external audiences via articles, white-papers and/or conference presentations to continue to position Kleinfelder as a leader in resiliency
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS Education:
- Progressive experience in the Resiliency sector, with 15+ years of direct professional experience in multi-disciplinary planning, engineering, and construction projects; and a minimum of 8 years focused on climate change/resiliency of large infrastructure programs, communities, or projects
- Proven track-record of building program teams and growing a client base
- Thorough understanding of climate resiliency / sustainability needs on the East Coast, with a focus on land use strategy, coastal resiliency, maritime/riverine infrastructure development, utility sustainability and vulnerability
- Ability to market and sell our services to internal and external clients, supported by Division and National Market Leads
- Leadership skills and the ability to find suitable candidates to help grow our East Division Resiliency practice
- Agency and potential resiliency client relationships
MS, MA, or PhD in engineering, planning, public policy, or associated field. Credentials:
PE or AICP. Additional certification as a CFM strongly preferred.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.
Already have an account? Log in here