Assistant Professor and Chair, Biology
# of Openings
Effective immediately: Assistant Professor, Chair, Biology - College of Health Professions and Natural Sciences, - Wilmington University, Brandywine.
Requirements: The incumbent will have a Doctorate degree in Biology or related field. The incumbent will have one to three years preferred experience teaching in science, including preparation in teaching and learning principles inclusive of curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation. As well as, demonstrated excellence and commitment to supporting a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment along with established leadership experience in an academic setting. Must have strong written and verbal communication. Organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently and still work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a service-oriented environment with competing demands. Self-directed, independent worker with sound logic and reasoning in identifying alternatives or approaches to problem-solving. Maintains professionalism and confidentiality in all situations. Contributes as a team member and team builder. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products. Must have a working knowledge of WilmU database management systems (e.g., CAMS, Canvas LMS, Banner, BDM, Recruit, or other Microsoft based Student Information System) is required. Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is a must.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide leadership for the undergraduate biology program and natural sciences minor while ensuring a collegial, supportive, and flexible environment for students, faculty, and staff.
• Teach five (5) courses per academic year.
• Communicate with faculty, students, and WU staff at multiple instructional sites, utilizing a variety of communication techniques including oral and written methods.
• Directly supervise adjunct faculty including interviewing, hiring, and mentoring/development; appraise adjunct faculty performance.
• Schedule courses aligned with the two-year course scheduling matrix to ensure student progression and collaboration with the Registrar's Office.
• Collect and analyze biology program outcomes data.
• Supervise continuous quality improvements of the curriculum, which requires adequate scholarly knowledge about the higher education environment.
• Develop and initiate strategies to promote and yield enrollment growth in collaboration with University Relations while maintaining effective relationships with partners and stakeholders.
• Address student issues or concerns to resolve conflict in accordance with University policy.
• Collaborate with other Colleges and departments in support of innovation in curriculum and instructional approaches and student services and advising.
• Effectively manage Brandywine campus lab facilities and staff including lab safety, inventory, and equipment maintenance.
• Develop and support undergraduate research initiatives aligned with curricular requirements.
• Active attendance at College and University functions (faculty meetings, Faculty Senate, commencement) as required.
• Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Director and/or Dean.
Hours of Employment: Generally, working hours will be between Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 10:30PM depending on the needs of the department(s) and/or the University. The incumbent must maintain a flexible work schedule to occasionally work some early evening hours. Travel to other Wilmington University sites is required. Generally, the Biology Chair will be expected to teach face-to-face lab courses at the Brandywine site.
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: August 8, 2022
To apply: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WILMU&cws=51&rid=1306
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency