Under the direction of the Director of Microbiology, the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, this position will oversee the daily operations of a busy clinical and research microbiology department.
*Essential duties and responsibilities:*
* Oversee routine test performance, including specimen preparation, processing and testing
* Monitor the recording and reporting of test results
* Maintain a quality control program and acceptable levels of analytic performance appropriate for the laboratory tests performed, and ensure performance is maintained throughout the entire testing process
* Resolve technical issues and ensure that the correct remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
* Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been completed and the test system is functioning properly
* Perform verification of test procedures, as directed
* Review intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results and preventive maintenance records
* Perform and document instrument maintenance and function checks
* Assess test performance through testing of internally blinded samples and samples received for external proficiency testing
* Monitor preparations for laboratory surveys/inspections by WA DOH, Joint Commission, etc.
microbiology, biology, analytical test, bacteriology, mycology
:• Demonstrate professional demeanor and portray company core values to healthcare providers and coworkers
• Exhibit strong personal management skills, including time management, planning, organizing and delivery of results
• Maintain composure in stressful situations
• Communicate effectively in person and over the phone
• Demonstrate skill in reviewing, compiling and reporting information that is accurate and complete
• Be patient, friendly, and outgoing
*Minimum education & experience:*
• Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology or closely related field
• M(ASCP) certification or equivalent.
• 10+ years of handling high complexity testing within the specialty of Microbiology including the subspecialties of Bacteriology and Mycology.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.