Our client is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist/Technician to join their team, supporting a variety of (landfill, golf course, and agricultural) redevelopment and environmental remediation projects in South Florida.
• Conduct daily site inspections on a former landfill redevelopment
• Oversight and inspect the construction of the methane gas management system (MGMS) and ensure compliance with permitted design plans.
• Construction quality assurance
• Gas or remedial system maintenance and monitoring
• Coordinate daily site inspections with General Contractors and Subcontractors.
• Responsible for submitting daily photo log reports for each inspection.
• Assists, and in some cases takes the lead, in training engineering technicians, associate staff, and staff professionals in field activities
• Assists in office operations when requested.
• Will be expected to work 85% in the field and 15% in the office.
Environmental, sample, Construction, groundwater, soil sampling, well installation, vapor extraction, environmental lab, remediation, hazwoper, Environmental science, Environmental field, Environmental remediation, Water sampling, inspection, oversite, inspect, landfill, qc, quality assurance, operation and maintenance, remediation system, confined space
*Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
• 1 year of experience in active environmental remediation or construction sites preferred.
• AA in engineering degree preferred.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and read maps and construction plans required.
• Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
• Certifications Preferred: 40-hour HAZWOPER, 8 hour Supervisor, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Confined Space Entry, and Trenching Excavation Safety training.
• Must meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools, (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools, (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), and providing services under various weather conditions.
• Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.