We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is seeking an Environmental Planner to be based in one of our northern California offices in San Francisco or Sacramento with the option to work remotely in Northern CA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, that is a well-organized individual with strong communication skills and a desire to advance towards a senior-level environmental planner position.Job Description
The primary duty of this role is to coordinate and develop environmental compliance documents for utility related projects within the Energy industry. This person will coordinate with clients, resource agencies, and environmental and technical staff to prepare environmental documents and permits applications and oversee development of technical studies for small to medium-sized energy related projects.What You Will Do
What You Must Have
- Develop, direct, and/or implement compliance approaches toward acquisition of permits and other work approval or clearances in coordination with other technical experts, including biologists, cultural resource specialists, water quality specialists, GIS, etc.
- Manage small scale projects or large stand-alone tasks related to environmental compliance, including leading client contact, task schedule, personnel allocation/planning, public interest facilitation, technical approach, and subcontractor involvement.
- Be a collaborative member of an integrated project team of engineers, scientists, planners, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with clients to achieve long-term objectives and efficiencies, such as programmatic strategies from front-end siting and routing analysis and feasibility studies through implementation, operations, and maintenance.
- Contribute in a team setting toward business development efforts including proposal efforts within subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental studies, urban and/or environmental planning, biological sciences, or related field.
- 3+ years of environmental planning and/or professional related experience in a consulting or related environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of CEQA, NEPA, and other environmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to track multiple complex project schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and commitment to producing quality deliverables.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.COVID-19 Policy
: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .
San Francisco, CA (CA78)