Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger! Begin a Research Career in Somerset, NJ
Starting at $18.00 and up based on experience with an $4000.00 Sign-on bonus!
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.
What you will be doing:
As a Study Technician you'll apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Dairy Science, Equine Science or similar majors researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies.How will you be rewarded!
- Work a 1st shift including weekends, some holidays and overtime as needed
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date) AND Additional Paid Holidays
- Have the option to participate in the Labcorp Education Advantage program where you have access to over 15 Undergraduate On-line Degree Programs offered through Arizona State University (ASU). Tuition is paid by Labcorp!
- Have access to other great benefits including: paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The scope of this position is within one site across multiple studies daily.
• Learns how to determine and document clinical observations, body weight
data, food consumption data environmental data, and other data on the appropriate data collection system (or by hand when necessary).
• Learns how to interpret a protocol.
• Learns study management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures.
• Learns how to ensure that a study is conducted according to protocol, SOPs, IACCUC and government regulations.
• Learns how to perform basic dosing techniques and restraint procedures.
• Maintains animal rooms and equipment in compliance with GLP and AAALAC requirements.
• Learns commonly used clinical sampling techniques. Learns how to process and package biological samples for shipment to client.
• Trim wet tissues
• Embed tissues into paraffin
• Performs basic duties of necropsy and/or basic duties of histology
• Receive, donate and euthanize animals according to USDA regulations.
• Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
• Effectively schedules multiple assignments.
• Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs. Reviews own data and identifies potential problems.
• Learns to utilize computer software for forms and procedure generation.
• May instruct less experienced staff.
• Learns blood pressure and body temperature measurement procedures as appropriate.
• Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
• Learns how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that a study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
• Learns to collect and record applicable hand and computer generated data in accordance with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
• Learns how to perform study calculations and specific techniques for test material formulation.
• Learns study set up and management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures.
• Learns to serve as a lead tech; serves the role of secondary tech.
• Learns to use laboratory equipment appropriate for assigned tasks.
• Learns to prepare laboratory reagents, vehicles, diets, solution/suspensions, and capsules according to study protocols and SOPs.
• Learns the process of disposition of samples from prepared dose materials by Covance or sponsor.
• Learns the process of formulation verification and storage of prepared test materials.
• Learns procedures for safe handling of test materials.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Learns to recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator, Formulations Coordinator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
• Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedules multiple assignments.
• Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
• Supports process improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences
- Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, Veterinary Technology, or in Histology
- No experience is required with a Bachelor Degree
- 6 months to 2 years of related experience with an Associate degree
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our