Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
- Director - Cell Biology (Chemical Biology)
Director - Cell Biology (Chemical Biology)DescriptionJob DescriptionDirector - Cell Biology (Chemical Biology)
Become part of cutting edge and highly innovative Chemical Biology and Quantitative Biosciences departments at our Company. Using robust scientific methodology and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we collaborate to drive the next medical breakthrough. To achieve our goal, we leverage cutting edge capabilities that enable higher-resolution interrogations of novel biology and mechanism of action elucidations to advance the best drug candidates into the clinic.
Target discovery is critical to the success of drug discovery. We are therefore seeking an exceptional scientist and mentor for the Director role on the Chemical Biology Quantitative Biosciences team. The successful candidate will join the new established our Research & Development Division Cambridge Research site and contribute to our mission to interrogate novel biology and identify new therapeutic targets.
Required Qualifications / Education:
- Become a leader in a creative and flexible team; Collaborate, manage and work closely with innovative, multi-disciplinary scientists.
- Lead target discovery and validation efforts on project strategy, experimental design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments
- Leverage your deep understanding of cellular biology and the pharmacological and genetic manipulation of pathways and proteins in physiologically relevant cell systems to validate novel targets and mechanisms
- As a member of the Chemical Biology Leadership team, meaningfully contribute to the development and execution of strategy and the growth and development of staff
- Foster a high-performance culture of collaboration, engagement, self-accountability and inclusion
- Establish strong relationships within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams to effectively drive early drug discovery initiatives
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- An extensive background in cellular biology and familiarity with small molecule and genetic perturbations to interrogate novel biological phenotypes is required.
- A proven track record across a wide range of cell biology, platform builds and phenotypic screening projects
- Experience managing a group of senior and junior scientists with a track record of achievements, including project leadership and strategic contributions
- Ph.D. in Biology, Chemical Biology, Pharmacology, or a related subject area with 8 years of post-degree experience in industry, academia or biotechnology.
- Strong understanding of biological concepts, mechanistic elucidation, and phenotypic workflows coupled with a strategic vision of novel target drug discovery
- Experience managing a scientific group with a track record of achievements leading projects and capability builds
- Ability to build strong relationships within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams to effectively drive early drug discovery initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Highly self-motivated and capable of prioritizing deliverables among multiple projects
- Preference will be given to candidates with a cellular biology and chemical biology background, with novel target validation, genome engineering, automation, and/or pharmacological assay experience.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
#EligibleforERPNew hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HEREUS and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.Employee Status:
YesTravel Requirements:Flexible Work Arrangements:Shift:Valid Driving License:Hazardous Material(s):Number of Openings:
- Job ID: 64816762
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Title:Director - Cell Biology (Chemical Biology)
- Company Name For Job:Merck
- Job Function:Other
- Job Type:Full-Time
Jobs You May Like
Principal Scientist - Cell Biology (Chemical...
Senior Scientist, Chemical Biology/Super...
Senior Scientist, Chemical Biology
Senior Scientist - Chemical Biology Chemistry