AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie
on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Scientist I/II, Cellular and Molecular Biology Cambridge, Massachusetts Req ID
Research and Development Division
Transformational and Translational Immunology Discovery (TTID) at the AbbVie Cambridge Research Center, MA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist with immunology and molecular biology laboratory experience to join the CRISPR Center of Excellence, working collaboratively with TTID teams to advance the AbbVie immunology pipeline. This position requires passion, attention to detail, prior hands-on experience, and teamwork.
- Independently performs cellular and molecular biology laboratory procedures, including immune cell culture, cellular functional assays, lentivirus generation, transfection, electroporation, and single cell cloning, nucleic acid and protein extraction, isolation, and purification, DNA sequencing, PCR, qRT-PCR, Western blot
- Support CRISPR screening for target identification
- Support target biology validation using genetic tools, including gene overexpression via ORF; CRISPR-based technologies; RNAi; mutagenesis; validation of genetic manipulations.
- Effectively interpret results to peers and senior research staff
- Work collaboratively on projects across multiple pipeline programs
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Maintain expert proficiency in laboratory techniques and passionately learn additional workflows in support of new projects and adjacent teams
- Bachelor's or Master's in molecular biology, immunology or other biological sciences with 0-3+ (BS)or 0+ (MS) years of hands-on experience
- Skillful in cellular and molecular biology techniques, such as immune cell culture, lentivirus production, PCR, and gel electrophoresis; experience in genomic DNA isolation and validation of genomic edits, nucleofection using the Lonza 96 shuttle system
- Experience with dendritic cell biology and a wide range of cell-based assays
- Solid understanding of genetic tools such as CRISPR and RNAi-based technologies
- Experienced in gene editing, RNAi, CRISPRa/i, or CRISPR KO strategies
- Good communication, both speech and writing, to a variety of audiences
- Ability to collaborate with peers and their teams
- Experience with high-throughput functional CRISPR screening; is a plus
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays including FACS, ELISA, WB is preferred
- Bioinformatics experience is a plus
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others and nurtures innovation to make possibilities real
Explore our open jobs and find your perfect fit.
Join our talent network and receive AbbVie news and job alerts to your inbox.
Interested In Please select a category or location option. Click "Add" to create your job alert.
- Research and Development, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Remove
[default form message]
Recently viewed jobs
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert