Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Job DescriptionRole Description
As a Principal Consultant on the Americas Upstream Consulting team, you will play a key role in our growing Americas consulting practice, with involvement in all aspects of the consulting process, from shaping the opportunity, performing the analysis, managing the project, and working closely with clients and Wood Mackenzie experts to develop insights that support critical strategic decisions.
Your primary role will be managing commercial and strategy consultancy projects across the Upstream sector in North America and Latin America markets. This includes a growing number of energy transition-themed engagements related to CCS, emissions, etc.
This role requires a high level of creative thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to apply detailed knowledge and experience of the Upstream sector to a broad range of consulting projects and client situations. These capabilities must be accompanied by a strong command of oral and written communication skills in both internal as well as external and client-facing environments. Additionally, outstanding team and project management capabilities, in a consulting context, are required for the purpose of this role.
The role requires frequent engagement with and work alongside senior client teams and occasional travel throughout the Americas region.Main Responsibilities
As a Principal Consultant at Wood Mackenzie you will lead our consulting assignments and business development efforts. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and execute complex consulting projects by setting up a detailed project plan and working with a team to execute toward milestones.
- Be the main point of contact with key client stakeholders during project delivery (status calls, presentations) and ultimately responsible to deliver such work on time and within budget.
- Train, coach and mentor junior consultants to deliver high-quality work for our clients and build a bench of future industry experts and leaders
- Engage clients to identify potential business opportunities, translating open-ended business inquiries into formal project proposals.
- Bring a thorough and current understanding of the upstream sector in the Americas region, within the context of the energy transition, and be able to effectively discuss recent events and implications with clients and colleagues
QualificationsKnowledge & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as business, economics, finance, statistics, or engineering; master's and/or MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a management consulting or energy-focused consulting role, or other strategic/commercial role relating to upstream oil and gas, preferably US Lower 48. Other industry experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Experience managing key project workflows and overall coordination of projects in a Project Manager role
- Strong understanding of the energy value chain (exploration, development, production, transportation, transformation and commercialization), including the implications of the energy transition
- Strong understanding of commercial operations, business models and strategies
- Track record of quickly becoming knowledgeable and speaking credibly about a wide range of subjects and themes
- Other language skills are not required but a plus
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organizational culture of health and well-being.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.