Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
The Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU) is committed to finding cures for cardiovascular disease, metabolic diseases, and related complications. The Metabolism group is part of IMRU and focused on identifying novel therapies to improve metabolic homeostasis in patients afflicted with these diseases. Our goal is to build a research team of driven scientists focused on developing a deep mechanistic understanding of the metabolic pathways driving Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH), obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular and renal diseases. How You Will Achieve It
We are seeking a highly motivated non-PhD Scientist with experience in rodent handling and basic molecular and cellular biology techniques to support key mechanistic and pharmacological research. The ideal candidate will design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments, and can demonstrate the ability to analyze, interpret and effectively communicate results. The candidate is expected to possess technical skills in the areas of rodent handling, dosing, tissue/blood collection and basic molecular and cellular biology techniques. A desire to understand the underlying causes of metabolic disease and basic metabolic pathways involved is essential and we look for a driven scientist motivated to have a deep understanding of the development of the disease.Requirements Must-Have
- Bachelors with a minimum of 3+ years of experience or a thesis based Master's Degree with 0-3 years of work experience in in vivo biology
- Hands-on experience working with rodents including multiple routes of administration and tissue collection
- Basic laboratory skills for standard cell and molecular biology methods including but not limited to cell culture, immunoassays such as ELISAs and western blotting, and quantitative real-time PCR
- Experience in experimental design and the interpretation of results
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Possess strong written/verbal communication skills and the ability to present at both internal and external meetings
- Experience in primary cell culture
- Experience in rodent metabolic disease models
- Must be able to wear standard PPE (lab coat/safety shoes/glasses/etc).
- Job ID: 64868019
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn more about them.
Senior Associate Scientist, Hematology/Rare Renal
Senior Associate Scientist, Cellular and Molecular...
RNA Accelerator Postdoctoral Fellow Gene Therapy
RNA Accelerator Postdoctoral Fellow BioMedicine...