Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression
EHS Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
This position is responsible for EHS compliance and risk reduction at a complex manufacturing location with approximately 25 employees. This position leads technical and cultural change in safety, environmental & resource conservation.Safety Regulatory Compliance and Risk Reduction:
Environmental Regulatory Compliance and Risk Reduction:
- Develop and Implement Safety Programs: Tracking Safety Observations (Safety Brakes), fire extinguisher, safety shower and eyewash inspections, ordering and stocking PPE, conducting regular safety walkthroughs using checklist, etc.
- Training: develop, prepare, schedule, and present EHS Program training. Track and notify supervisors when employee training is incomplete. Update the Plant Manager and Division EHS staff regarding the status of training compliance.
- Identify Safety Hazards, develop and implementing corrective actions.
- Review capital projects and provide EHS input.
- Conduct EHS Safety Standards inspections
- Facilitate Safety Committee meetings
- Plant and Division Reporting: Maintain records of incidents (near miss, first aid, OSHA recordables, etc.) and enter them into the EHS website.
- Lead Incident Investigations - determine root causes and report out.
- Develop and Track Action Plans and monitor progress.
- Enter/analyze monthly EHS metrics into the EHS website and help prepare monthly EHS reports. Self-Audits and corrective action follow up.
- Participation in Corporate EHS / Operations calls.
- Verify appropriate procedures are being followed for critical safety programs like Hot Work, LOTO, Confined Space Entry, Working from Height, Electrical Safety, Dock/Forklift Safety
- Environmental Programs: Proactively determine regulatory requirements based on complex permits. Implement proactive environmental management system. Conducting routine compliance inspections and complete reporting requirements for required environmental compliance programs (Ex. Air emissions, SPCC, storm water, spill reporting, chemical reporting, hazardous waste, wastewater, etc.).
- Review and submit routine wastewater discharge monitoring reports (DMR)
- Develop and implement proactive resource conservation programs for energy and waste reduction
This position will be part of the Plant Leadership Team and fill in at times in a supervisory role.Required Education/Experience/Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Safety Management or an Engineering discipline is strongly preferred.
- 2 years of EHS experience
- Experience managing an EHS program preferred
- Safety & Environmental certifications are preferred; PE, FET, CSP, ASP, CHMM, CEM.
- Decision Making
- Safety Awareness, Quality Orientation
- Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Computer skills.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.