Associate Scientist (Disease Biology, Immuno-Oncology)
Number of Openings: 3The Role:
We are looking for a motivated, hands-on Associate Scientist to join our Disease Biology team in Cambridge to support our antibody drug discovery program and growing pipeline of pre-clinical therapeutic candidates. The successful candidate will work closely with our Project Leaders and multidisciplinary team to discover and optimize novel therapeutic molecules by characterizing their function and properties using state-of-the-art molecular and cell-based assays. The Associate Scientist will be expected to generate high-quality data and to thoroughly document experimental results in a timely manner, enabling efficient project progression. The candidate will have the opportunity grow as a scientist and to present his/her data at internal project meetings while contributing to a large range of pre-clinical research and development activities.Responsibilities:The selected individual must have demonstrated, hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Design and execution of assays for screening of drug candidates (cell-based immunological or biochemistry readouts) to identify the mechanism of action of antibodies.
- Expertise in flow cytometry-based assays.
- Isolation and culture of human primary cells.
- Experience with cell biology and biochemistry techniques, including maintenance and culture of stable cell lines and primary cells, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, reporter assays, and the use of plate readers.
- Data analysis software, such as Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism, Electronic laboratory notebook data recording.
- Bachelor of Science required Master's degree preferred, in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or a related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of experience in the industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in human and mouse immune cells, surface markers, and their effector functions in health and cancer.
- Ability to write and execute a technical/experimental plan and draft SOPs.
- Diligence and accuracy in recording data in the company Electronic Lab Notebook system.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in identifying roadblocks and seeking solutions alone or with the help of team members.
- Strong team-working skills.
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.