Myeloid Therapeutics is an immunology company focused on combining biology insights with cutting-edge technologies to harness myeloid cells and eradicate cancer and other diseases. With broad clinical applications possible, the Company is presently advancing its cell therapy product candidates, derived from its ATAKTM platform technology, with initial applications in T cell lymphoma and a primed monocyte approach to treating glioblastoma. The ATAKTM platform is scalable to multiple treatment modalities and to other disease areas. The company, having operations in Cambridge, MA, was founded by Ronald Vale and Siddhartha Mukherjee and is funded by Newpath Partners.
Myeloid Therapeutics is seeking an RNA biology Scientist to support the company efforts to improve the expression of a therapeutic RNA in myeloid cells. You will contribute to the optimization of RNA sequences as well as RNA production that includes in vitro transcription, modification, and purification methods. We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for drug discovery. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with a strong technical background in nucleic acid biology and production. Strong attention to details and excellent organizational and documentation skills are highly desirable. Key Responsibilities:
· Optimize the RNA drug substance including 5'cap, UTRs, codon optimization and nucleotide modifications to achieve its best expression in myeloid cells
· Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
· Contribute to the RNA production process optimization to simplify manufacturing, decrease cost and/or improve characteristics of drug substance
· Contribute to the development and execution of the analytical testing supporting process development and drug substance characterization
· Independently plan and execute experiments and perform data analysis
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Create and write analytical reports and SOPs to support development and regulatory filings
· Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline with 0-3 additional years of experience in academia or industry
· Expertise in RNA biology with deep understanding of RNA biochemistry and biology.
· Previous experience with tissue culture, biochemical assays and RNA characterization
· Previous experience studying RNA binding proteins, mRNA stability and mRNA translation is highly desirable
· Familiarity with synthesis, purification, and characterization of RNA
· Previous experience with analytical technologies including qPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, capillary electrophoresis, HPLC is a plus
· Previous experience with lipid nanoparticle formulations and characterizations is a plus