BiologistsJob Number: 22-05101
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Biologists
for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro's client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you're up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity! Position Overview:
- The Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Group in Oncology TRC focuses on delivering Client cancer therapeutics by engaging E3 ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein degradation.
- We are seeking a motivated Associate Scientist with experience in drug discovery and in vitro pharmacology to participate in research focused on protein homeostasis for cancer therapeutics.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to use cell-based assays in support of discovery of small molecules as development candidates (DCs) for clinical, design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of the mechanisms of Client compounds.
- The Oncology TRC in Client is one of the fundamental research and early development engines delivering therapeutics to patients.
- The group integrates discovery research through translational and early clinical development and focuses on numerous aspects of protein homeostasis including the ubiquitin-proteasome system, protein translation, and RNA processing and stability.
- This thematic focus allows the group to capitalize on the cutting edge science that underpins the action of the companys most advanced drugs.
- Not being bound by disease area or therapeutic modality creates a very dynamic, exciting and creative environment that exploits excellent science in biology, biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology and translational development.
- Develop and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays as well as cell models to support identification, optimization, and characterization of Client chemical matter.
- Design and conduct critical experiments using expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development to support molecular mechanism of action of the drugs.
- Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner.
- Support biology needs for different projects and drug discovery teams .
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with at least 4 years of work experience or Masters degree with at least 2 years of preferred experience in industry or drug discovery setting.
- Experience in small molecule drug discovery process in an industrial setting. Understand key aspects of SAR support using biological assays.
- Familiarity and willingness to learn in vitro cell-based assays, including but not limited to: cell proliferation assays, cell cycle assay, apoptosis assay, bDNA assay, image-based assays, ELISA, and Incucyte.
- Sophisticated experience in cell biology including mammalian cell culture, lentivirus production, transient/stable transfection, gene editing including CRISPR KO and -KI, shRNA KD.
- Maintain cell cultures and characterize cancer cell lines, including cell proliferation/cell cycle/cell apoptosis.
- Experience in cell biology (Transfection, Immunofluorescence, lenti-virus production), biochemistry (Western blot), molecular biology (DNA cloning, PCR, qPCR).
- Familiar with various biology laboratory equipment with an emphasis on automation and capable of trouble shooting for SAR assay support.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Capability to stay focused, multitasked, attention to details and deliver high quality data in a timely and well organized manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:Jane Bautistafroilyn.email@example.com 2012858622Jane Bautista | LinkedIn Equal Opportunity Employer:
Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.