Our Culture: Why work with us?
At Foghorn Therapeutics, we believe in "People First, Mission Always."
We put "People First" because we know our people are the key to everything we will accomplish. We value the diversity of background, ideas, perspectives and experiences that our team members bring to Foghorn Therapeutics - demonstrated by our community speaking more than 22 languages and representing over 24 nationalities. We value our teammates as people, not just as employees - validated by our actions that let our people know that we care about them, their families, and their lives.
We say "Mission Always" because we know a relentless commitment to our mission will make a difference in the lives of others. We believe our success will come from evaluating the data to follow the science. We work hard to develop a new class of therapies that could improve the lives of over 2.5 million people with cancer.
Our culture is focused on succeeding through the evaluation of data, not people. And in that, relationships can flourish and develop. Our Science:
The groundbreaking science behind our therapies continues to yield vital insights into diseases that have confounded physicians and researchers. Our core scientific approach is centered on the chromatin regulatory system, which opens and closes the right sections of DNA at the right time. Breakdowns in the chromatin regulatory system lead to a wide range of diseases, including cancer, impacting millions of people.
Our proprietary Gene Traffic Control® platform is a powerful tool for understanding and modulating the chromatin regulatory system. We are pursuing multiple treatments for breakdowns in this system. We are the only company with the ability to study and target the chromatin regulatory system at scale, in context, and in an integrated way. The Role:
Foghorn Therapeutics has been successful in validating our Gene Traffic Control platform by bringing two molecules into clinical development. We are now looking to capitalize of that success by investing heavily in the exciting portfolio of earlier stage assets that are underway.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the Biology Department of a high growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. The Senior Director, Biology will lead target and drug discovery efforts in a variety of oncology indications. You will get a chance to discover and develop treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
This position will report to the Head of Biology and in addition to leading a team of biologists, will partner with key stakeholders in Immunology Biology, Chemistry, Drug Discovery, and Clinical Development to discover and develop target hypotheses utilizing the industry leading Gene Traffic Control platform developed at Foghorn. The successful candidate will be an important member of the biology leadership team and in addition to delivering exciting pipeline assets, will help build the forward-looking scientific vision of the company.In This Role, You'll Get To:
- Provide team leadership and/or team leader mentorship to guide the execution of scientific team and project initiatives
- Guide research strategy and experimentation in both preclinical and clinical research programs
- Advance research programs from early target ID and validation to IND enabling studies
- Coordinate project team activities and efficiently drive execution of Foghorn's drug discovery programs and company goals
- Lead interactions with key opinion leaders and the external research community
- Represent the company at external scientific meetings
- Supervise and mentor career development of scientists in the biology team
Foghorn Therapeutics is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive suite of benefits, including:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Biology, Translational Science, Oncology, or related field
- Significant industry experience in small molecule target identification and drug discovery
- Experience leading teams at various stages of small molecule drug discovery
- Significant Oncology experience
- Extensive experience in managing CROs
- Research experience in transcription and chromatin biology is a plus
- Leadership, management and mentoring experience, including oversight of financial, IP and legal aspects
- Ability to effectively lead and collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrixed environment
- Hands-on mentality and the ability to focus on details in moving projects forward
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a fast-paced research environment pursuing high risk-high reward science
- Respectful and inclusive attitude for your colleagues/ team members, in addition to collaborative and innovative nature
- Adaptability, commitment to scientific excellence, and team member mentality
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- FSA and HSA for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Discretionary winter shut down
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
Foghorn Therapeutics is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Foghorn is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Foghorn Therapeutics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.