Director of Environmental Health & Safety
Position Title Director of Environmental Health & Safety
Department Physical Plant
Job Description Summary
Wentworth Institute of Technology is currently seeking applicants interested in joining the Wentworth community as a Director of Environmental Health & Safety
The Director of EH&S will develop and implement all required EH&S programs in order to ensure compliance with EH&S regulations including, but not limited to US EPA , US OSHA , Boston Fire Department, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection ( DEP ), and Massachusetts Water Resources Authority.Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President of Public Safety
, the Director's responsibilities will include oversight of all programs related to Environmental Health and Occupational Safety including but not limited to fire safety, laboratory safety, OSHA compliance, chemical waste control and disposal, accident and injury investigation and reduction, safety training, and industrial hygiene.
Inclusive Excellence at Wentworth:
- Assessment of environmental workplace conditions related to chemical exposure
- Employee training for environmental compliance, worker safety, and laboratory safety.
- Serve as Chemical Hygiene Officer and Biosafety Committees
- Perform annual review and updates of various health and safety policies.
- Manage OSHA Programs and compliance training
- Assist Physical Plant in obtaining permits and regulatory reporting.
- Conduct/coordinate safety inspections
- Supervise hazardous chemical, universal, and biological waste collection and disposal.
- Respond to hazardous materials emergencies.
- Present information on risk and compliance to Senior Staff as needed.
Wentworth Institute of Technology is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all University programs and activities. The University does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
To find out more about the Wentworth's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit the website https://wit.edu/about/diversity .
All applicants have the right to accessibility support and accommodations. To request accessibility support or accommodations, contact the Executive Director of Equity and Compliance, Catlin Wells, at email@example.comHow to Apply
Interested applicants should apply at https://jobs.wit.edu . Please submit required documents.
Minimum Work Experience Required 5-8 years
Preferred Work Experience 8+ years
Minimum Knowledge Required Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures and ability to apply in varied situations. Uses instructions and guidelines to perform the job safety function. Periodic training will be required.
Preferred Knowledge Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications
At least five years experience in EH&S
Advertised Preferred Qualifications
Experience leading a EH&S function
Posting Number S00746
Job Category Professional
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Colleges of the Fenway site
- Wentworth site
- Chronicle of Higher Ed.
- NE HERC
- El Mundo
- Bay State Banner
- Colors Magazine
- * Wentworth defines inclusive excellence as "Actively and intentionally cultivating a diverse and culturally competent institution where each member has the opportunity and support to reach their full potential and make contributions to our campus community and beyond." Please provide an example of how you have exemplified inclusive excellence in an educational or professional setting.
(Open Ended Question)
ResumeCover Letter Optional Documents
Wentworth Institute of Technology - 550 Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02115