Job TitleHealth, Safety and Environmental Manager
Location: Rocky Mount, & Whitakers NC
Supervisor Title: Vice-President, Operations
The HSE Manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation, communication and coordination of all health, safety and environmental programs for the organization. The HSE Manager will manage risks and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and standards as well as monitoring and improving SePRO's health and safety programs.
SePRO Corporation, founded in 1994, is a specialty environmental products company focused on protection and restoration of waterbodies, green spaces and food sources. Through a tireless commitment to customer-centric innovation and solution-focused technical support, SePRO is poised for continued growth and market leadership.
* Develops and implements policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations as they apply to the organizations operations, including but not limited to: US Dept of Homeland Security, OSHA, EPA, NC Department of Agriculture, and DOT.
* Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
* Investigate accidents to identify causes and determine how such accidents may be prevented in the future. Modify policies and procedures and train employees accordingly.
* Develop, implement and maintain employee training programs as indicated by regulatory guidelines, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment. Monitor compliance with employee safety programs.
* Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to managers and employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
* Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective and preventative measure where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
* Lead Process Hazard Analysis
* Serve as primary contact for all regulatory functions at the Whitakers, NC and Rocky Mount, NC sites
* Serve as primary for all security and fire alarm responses
* Serve as Emergency Coordinator for both Whitakers, NC and Rocky Mount, NC sites.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field
* Two years of related experience
* Excellent leadership skills
* Extensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent observational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skill
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
* Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
* Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
* Must be able to climb 40 feet ladders and work on elevated platform
* Must be able to pass physical requirements for respiratory protection.
* Must be able to wear PPE equipment.
SePRO Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.