Job DescriptionMolecular and Cell Biology Associate Scientist/Scientist
South San Francisco, CA
We are seeking talented and highly motivated scientists to join our Molecular and Cell Biology group. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team to elucidate and model target biology through in vitro assays. The successful candidate will develop robust, target specific cell based binding and functional assays in order to screen and rank therapeutic antibodies for lead selection. Attention to detail is a must along with strong skills in multi-tasking, optimizing robust assays, troubleshooting technical issues during assay development and the ability to organize, summarize and present results to technical teams.
Specific responsibilities will include developing in vitro assays with primary human T cells and other immune cells using detection platforms including Flow cytometry (Fortessa, Attune and ARIA), Luminex, multi-mode plate readers and Incucyte. In vitro assays to be developed include calcium flux, signaling, adhesion, cytotoxicity, proliferation, ELISA and binding studies by FACS.Preferred Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8-10 years relevant academic or industry experience. Job level will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience developing robust assays for screening therapeutic antibodies and generating IC50 and EC50 curves to rank top candidates
- Preference for candidates with experience with in vitro/ex vivo cell-based techniques such as isolation of primary human immune cell subsets, mammalian cell culture, transfection of primary T cells, development and optimization of cell-based functional assays, and multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors) for immunophenotyping and target binding analyses
- Experience developing and executing assays on Incucyte and running a Fortessa or Attune flow cytometer is a plus.
- Experience with FACSDiva, FlowJo, Prism, and Microsoft Office programs
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Highly motivated self starter with a strong growth mindset and a positive can-do attitude towards assigned tasks
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to execute well controlled experiments and generate high quality data
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills is a must