We are currently seeking a Forester
to join our team. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee
. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Foresters
are that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients. Successful candidates come from varied educational backgrounds in fields such as an arboriculture, environmental science, ecology, forestry, natural resource management, and conservation biology or experience as an arborist, plant healthcare technician, herbicide applicator, groundman, foreman, or general foreman.WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Inspect and assess customer properties for trimming or removals of trees.
- Secure clear rights-of-way for new electric line and pole construction.
- Handle customer complaints related to scheduled trimming/removals and/or completed trimming/removals, including clean up and property damage.
- Record, organize, and document associated vegetation work for later trimming and removal by a tree crew
- Provide identified access routes onto and in ROW
- Plan herbicide work for specialty herbicide and tree vendors.
- Plan aerial saw work.
- May be asked to provide high level cost and time estimates based on planned work
- Audit tree contractors work for compliance with utilitys specifications.
- Operate system forestry computer programs and record systems.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Must be able to read maps and identify tree species.
- Must be able to identify required removal and trimming work based off utility specifications.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:Working Environment
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- Prior experience in the utility or arboriculture field a plus.
- Prior experience in Herbicide and Aerial saw planning a plus.
- Familiar with GIS mapping programs preferred.
- Familiarity with vegetation removal, utility line clearance, and utility vegetation methods and equipment.
- Certified ISA Arborist a plus.
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.Physical
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.Company Overview
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.comApplicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.