Cambridge 300 Technology SquarePosted Date:
Mar 31 2022
Are you energized by a challenging role in the Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Investigator, Cancer Biology role would be a great opportunity to consider.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. More specific activities include the prosecution of discovery programs from target validation through clinical candidate nomination.
- Studies will also involve identification and development of pharmacodynamic markers and assays to be used in non-clinical and clinical studies.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related life sciences field with strong scientific background in cell biology and oncology and a minimum of 3 years of post-graduate research experience in cancer biology
- One or more years of experience developing and implementing new scientific strategies in the field of tumor biology
- One or more years of experience in design, conduct, and analysis of cellular and molecular biology experiments independently
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Extensive cell biology experience and expertise is expected and experience in cell-based assay development is preferred
- Deep knowledge in DNA damage response (DDR), DNA damage repair pathways, genome instability and replication stress is strongly valued
- Expertise in imaging-based assays and analysis is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of -omic methods (e.g., sequencing, transcriptomics, and/or proteomics) and databases (e.g., Sanger, CCLE, Oncomine and/or similar other databases) is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong background in cancer biology reflected in peer reviewed publications
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a matrix environment.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggest changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.