Careers page is loaded
The quickest way to apply is via the ‘Apply with LinkedIn' button below and attach your CV/resume. If you do not have a LinkedIn profile you can apply simply by using your resume or CV.
Principal Consultant, Climate Change (Mid-Senior Level) ERM
is seeking a Principal Climate Change Consultant
to join our growing corporate sustainability and climate change advisory services practice.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to a team developing and growing ERM's corporate sustainability and climate change business. ERM delivers a wide range of climate change services including Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) analysis and reporting, strategy development, policy and regulatory analysis, target setting, and benchmarking. We help clients, including global companies, electric and natural gas utilities, and financial institutions, develop and implement climate change programs across a broad range of industry sectors and contribute to climate, clean energy, and clean transportation policy development.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on leading-edge climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients. RESPONSIBILITIES: Managing Clients and Projects
Teamwork and Organization
- Demonstrates expertise in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities, climate and energy policy, and conducting policy and technical analyses; expertise in electric and natural gas utilities or regulation a plus.
- Advises and manages climate-related projects including the design and development of GHG inventories (Scopes 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on Scope 3), analysis of emission reduction levers (e.g. energy efficiency measures, renewable energy, decarbonized fuels) through detailed techno-economic evaluations, and strategic policy assessment and design.
- Support life cycle assessments (LCA) of products across their value chain, including using pertinent LCA ISO standards.
- Supports development of climate change strategy, action planning, and/or modeling of and setting science-based targets.
- Thinks strategically in order to influence decision-makers and outcomes.
- Distills complexity from detail to effectively coach colleagues to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and oversight through the project lifecycle, including scoping, budget and delivery.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a mastery of impactful client communication.
- Builds strong and trusted relationships with clients and/or business partners
Business Development Activities
- Demonstrates strong people management skills; particularly the ability to support, coach and celebrate others in order to advance employee engagement and achieve results.
- Mentors junior staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Manages a team of up to three junior consultants.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and manages partnerships and relationships with senior clients, external stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Effectively collaborates internally to bring our services to existing clients.
- Enhances ERM's capability to sell and deliver Climate Change services.
- Supports Account Management teams in meeting sales goals.
- Supports new business development campaigns, proposals and pitches.
Who We Are:
- Bachelor's degree required, with Master's degree (preferred) in policy, law, economics, engineering, or basic/applied science (such as physics, chemistry, material sciences, environmental science, earth sciences, etc.) or equivalency of 8+ years of experience.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a related field, such as consultancy, private sector (power, natural gas, hydrogen, etc.), or environmental policy.
- A thorough understanding of technical, economic, policy and market challenges and opportunities associated with the low carbon energy transition.
- Proficiency with industry standards, frameworks and software for GHG emissions' inventories, GHG data management, target setting, LCA (software such as SimaPro, GaBi, etc.), and disclosures
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates is a plus.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing team.
- Experience in the power and oil and gas sectors is a plus.
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Principal Consultant, Corporate Sustainability and Climate Change (Mid-Senior Level)