Monogram Biosciences, part of LabCorp, is seeking a Scientist to join its team South San Francisco, CA! The Scientist will be working for the Product Transfer and Development team. This group leads and assists with the development, validation and technical support of commercial diagnostic assays as well as pharmaceutical and academic-sponsored research programs, including clinical trial support. The group covers a wide variety of technologies (automation, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry) that are applied to a wide variety of research/disease areas (HIV infectious disease, HCV infectious disease, SARS-CoV-2 infectious disease, respiratory viruses, gene therapy, oncology, pharmacogenomics, neurology).
The Scientist will work within an integrated team responsible for design, development, scale-up and implementation of innovative assays and automated systems for high throughput molecular, biochemical, and cell-based assays that direct critical treatment decisions for patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The position will also focus on providing technical support to the clinical laboratory. Seeking candidates with a strong background in cell and/or molecular biology or virology.
Please note:. This position is an onsite role, in South San Francisco (full remote is not available).
- Development and execution of experimental and validation protocols to facilitate introduction of new assays or assay improvements to Monogram's CLIA-accredited clinical laboratory and Companion Diagnostic laboratory.
- Function as a key liaison with members of other departments to effectively implement, train, support and troubleshoot clinical processes. Responsible for investigation, trouble-shooting, and documentation of situations arising in the production clinical laboratory setting
- Collaboration with writing, editing, reviewing and development of Validation Protocols and Reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training of laboratory personnel on new or improved procedures in the clinical laboratory
- Participation in maintenance and trouble-shooting of laboratory instruments
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Ph. D. degree in Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Virology or related area of Biological Sciences required with 0-3 years' relevant experience, preferably within biotech/pharma industry (Postdoctoral experience may serve as experience).
- OR M.S. degree with 5+ years' relevant biotech/pharma experience
- Must have strong background in cell and/or molecular biology or virology
- Previous experience in assay development is required
- Experience in developing and implementing process development strategies (workflow, capacity, quality) is desired
- Experience in, cell and/or molecular biology techniques is desired, including cell culture, viral transfection/infection, cell based assays, , molecular cloning and virology.
- Experience with CAP/CLIA and/or GMP/GLP guidelines is preferred
- Experience with developing and maintaining instrumentation and high throughput systems is desired
- Good organizational and data analysis skills.
- Ability to independently conduct and analyze critical experiments that further project goals
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative environment
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see ourPrivacy Statement.