Join Cardnos Science and Environment team to play an integral role in providing creative and scientifically rigorous approaches to answering questions about the human health hazards posed by chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, and radiological agents.Job Description:Cardno ChemRisk
is a scientific consulting firm that provides state-of-the-art toxicology, industrial hygiene, epidemiology, and risk assessment services to organizations that confront public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. We specialize in solving problems of national importance; often related to major regulatory initiatives or mass torts involving occupational exposures. Our team members have a long-standing reputation for thorough scientific analysis and for sharing results in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. Many of the over 500 papers that we have published are frequently referenced in both litigation and regulatory decision-making.
Our mission is to provide creative and scientifically rigorous approaches to answering questions about the human health hazards posed by chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, and radiological agents. Our team of scientists solves problems and answers difficult questions about the possible hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water and air).
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with enthusiastic and self-motivated team members. While we rarely hire for specific job openings, we are always seeking exceptional scientists who wish to be exposed to a wide variety of scientific issues and who are comfortable with engaging clients and writing scientific reports and manuscripts.
We are accepting applications from candidates who have graduate degrees (or who are in the process of obtaining a degree) and training in Environmental or Occupational Epidemiology, or Biostatistics
, and who are interested in risk assessment consulting. We have office locations in San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Washington, DC; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX and Boston, MA.Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Critically evaluating and summarizing epidemiologic and scientific literature on specific topics in environmental and occupational health
- Performing various biostatistical and other mathematical analyses
- Assisting with epidemiologic studies of various occupational cohorts
- Evaluating claims raised in various types of toxic tort or personal injury litigation
- Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations and proposals
- Performing statistical analyses, including but not limited to
- Survey weighted design
- Cluster analyses
- Time-series analyses
- Working independently and as part of a team
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodation will be considered.Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources. Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
- Masters level degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics; PhD preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative skills, statistical and study design skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Data management experience