Tango Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to discovering novel drug targets and delivering the next generation of precision medicine for the treatment of cancer.
Using an approach that starts and ends with patients, Tango leverages the genetic principle of synthetic lethality to discover and develop therapies that take aim at critical targets in cancer.
This includes expanding the universe of precision oncology targets into novel areas such as tumor suppressor gene loss and their contribution to the ability of cancer cells to evade immune cell killing.
Tango's labs and offices are currently located in Cambridge, and will be relocating to new space at 201 Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway area of Boston, in Q3 2022. Job Summary:
Tango Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our world-class Functional Genomics group as a key part of the Molecular Biology team.
The successful candidate will support all research departments by engineering individual vectors and building high-complexity pooled CRISPR gRNA and cDNA expression libraries, as well as providing molecular biology support for related projects. The candidate will also be able to acquire hands-on experience with the latest NGS technologies including single cell sequencing. The candidate will be a vital part of our research and will contribute as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary target discovery/validation team dedicated to the development of a novel class of oncology therapeutics. S/he will interact closely with many talented scientists on a daily basis and learn about the whole R&D process from target to discovery/validation to translation research.
RequirementsSkills & Qualifications:
- Development and optimization of CRISPR and shRNA vectors to support target and drug discovery programs
- Molecular cloning of individual CRISPR sgRNA expression vectors and libraries
- Molecular cloning of cDNA expression vectors
- Construction of mutant cDNA expression clones and libraries
- Implementing molecular biology platforms
- Packaging of lentiviral vectors
- Building, maintaining, replenishing and registering plasmid/primer inventories
- Plasmid preparation, sequencing and analysis
- Cell line engineering and cell line banking
- Interaction with vendors and CROs
- Coordination with other functional groups including Next Generation Sequencing Core (NGS), Bioinformatics and Cell Biology to plan and execute high-throughput workflows
- Compilation and analysis of data to support/contribute to technical reports and publications
- Documentation of experiments using electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics or related field is required
- Laboratory or research experience is preferred
- Skills and experience with the following are a plus:
- Molecular cloning including any of the following: Hands-on design and execution of Gibson assembling, Golden Gate Cloning, overlapping PCR, restriction digestion, ligation, transformation, vector and plasmid preparation
- Common sequence data analysis software packages
- CRISPR and/or shRNA technologies
- Cell culture
- Outstanding organizational skills, record-keeping, meticulous attention to detail and following of SOPs are critical
- The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a scientifically motivated, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment will also be vital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Job Information
View your connections at Tango Therapeutics
- Job ID: 64493475
- Position Title:Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
- Company Name For Job:Tango Therapeutics
- Job Function:Biology,
- Entry Level:Yes
- Job Type:Full-Time
- Job Duration:Indefinite
- Min Education:BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience:1-2 Years
- Required Travel:None
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn more about them.
Associate Director, Informatics
Senior Research Associate I - Proteomics Group
The Broad Institute of MIT &...
Computational Biologist, Bioinformatics and...