Parker Solutions of Florida, LLC, d/b/a Liberty Health Sciences Florida, Ltd. is a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center that has been granted a license by the Florida Department of Health to cultivate, process, transport, and dispense low-THC cannabis, medical cannabis, and cannabis delivery devices pursuant to Florida Statutes.
The EHS Specialist plays a vital role in supporting safe and effective operations by means of executing company-wide Health and Safety programs. Responsible for supporting safety needs based on regulatory requirements, as well as communicating and developing action plans, policies, and procedures to ensure employee safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare reports and maintain safety and injury tracking.
* Organize and conduct safety training/orientation and manage training recordkeeping to assure compliance standards and regulations
* First responder
* Stay current on standards
* Lead root cause analysis events. Conduct investigations of safety incidents resulting in injury or property damage and near misses that could have resulted in injury or property damage. Manage action items as a result of investigation.
* Conduct proactive safety walks, Operational Excellence audits and Occupational Safety Analysis activities
* Coordinate Workers' Compensation program
* Track and record safety KPI's such as safety improvements. Follow up to make sure identified safety improvements move to completion.
* Coordinate the Safety Committee and manage activities (Safety Week) resulting from committee recommendations
* Coordinate employee health testing such as audiometric and respiratory fit and manage results
* Monitors the general environment for industrial hygiene related needs such as noise and air quality. Evaluate need for industrial hygiene studies and coordinate accordingly
* Performs research and coordinates with facility managers to gather information and observe employee activity to investigate accidents and injuries, and determine compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and company policies
* Complete recordkeeping to include writing a variety of reports including accident reports, Health & Safety violation reports, as well as completing required Health & Safety forms such as OHSA 300 & OSHA 300A
* Review accident reports, incident reports and other employee-completed documentation as part of the investigation process
* Hands on experience in EHS/ environmental regulations and policies
* First Aid and CPR Certified
* Must meet the age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
* Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
* Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
* Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field preferred;
* National Association of Safety Professionals Licensed Safety Professional, Certified Safety Manager or other certification preferred
* Two years of related experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent human relations and communication skills to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with employees and all staff
This person may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree. This person will be traveling between dispensaries and manufacturing facilities within AYR Wellness.
* Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
* Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn't be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.