At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our horizons. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That's why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape our future!
WSP USA has an immediate opening for a Sr. Lead Consultant
to support the company's growing Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change (SECC) offerings. See http://wsp.com/advancingsustainability for a description of our team and capabilities.
The individual will lead a client-facing consulting team in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability programs focused on water management, stewardship, and resilience. The ideal candidate will have deep water management, stewardship, and/or resilience subject matter expertise, sustainability expertise, keen business acumen, refined communication capabilities, and the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects including demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and water resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
The following locations will be considered for this role: San Diego or San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Portland, OR; Boulder, CO; or Arlington, VA
- Leading the development of near- and long-term strategic vision and priorities for SECC's water management and stewardship advisory offerings
- Managing executive-level client relationships and directing complex client delivery teams of internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and managing the delivery of sustainability and water management and stewardship programs, in addition to related strategies and policies
- Managing and advising client on efforts to inventory, catalog, and baseline water withdrawals, consumption, and discharge data aimed at guiding client stakeholders in reducing water consumption and making progress against relevant water commitment
- Leading the development of sustainability and water performance targets and accompanying strategies and achievement plans, including enterprise water targets (e.g., water positive, resilience, replenishment, accessibility) and water management roadmaps
- Leading and delegating activities to identify and evaluate opportunities for water resource reductions (e.g., water efficiency, water reuse/recycling, water replenishment)
- Developing water replenishment strategies including negotiating partnership agreements, project identification and screening, evaluating and managing of replenishment projects, supporting contracting processes, and tracking of progress against targets
- Advising water utilities on climate-related water risk and serving to facilitate collaboration between corporate partners and public/private water utilities
- Managing assessment of sustainability- and water-related risk and resilience, leveraging tools such as the WRI Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas and the WWF Water Risk Filter
- Producing and advising on sustainability disclosures and other communications aligned with leading frameworks (e.g., CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD)
- Conducting research of leading water management practices, sustainability programs, and water/climate risk initiatives
- Managing multiple projects and project teams concurrently
- Supporting business development activities with existing and prospective clients across sectors
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred. Degree(s) in sustainability, energy, water, engineering, environmental studies, public policy, or related disciplineDemonstrated expertise leading project teams through complex technical and strategic engagements
- Demonstrated experience managing new and existing business development opportunities, creating scopes of work, developing program/project budgets, and staffing plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate results via Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and related software and craft compelling presentations and reports
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Proactive, analytic, strategic, and structured problem solver
- Experience with sustainability tools and frameworks including CDP, DJSI, GRI, the GHG Protocol, SASB, and TCFD
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power BI; programming, data science, and use of SQL, R, Python, ArcGIS also desired
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
- Experience in sustainability, water management, and/or corporate management consulting is preferred
Interested candidates can apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Emily Wasley, Practice Leader, Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change, at email@example.com. Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
Expected Salary: $89,500 - $182,400
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.