At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Prevail Therapeutics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company and is based in New York City. We are leaders in developing gene therapies for Parkinson's disease, dementias and other genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases.Position Summary
We are seeking a Computational Biologist (Genomics) to help design and engineer our next generation of gene therapy products. This role will use computational genomics to address challenges in gene therapy, genome editing and neurodegeneration. You should have a strong understanding of human population genetics, comparative sequence analyses and NGS technologies.
You will experience broad interactions across Prevail's R&D organization and report to the head of the Quantitative Sciences group.
We seek an entrepreneurial and self-motivated candidate who can function with a high degree of independence and work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.Key Responsibilities
- Design optimal gene therapy (CDS optimization, promoter and shRNA designs) and genome editing approached based on comparative genomics.
- Analyze data from genome editing and siRNA KD therapeutics through off target predictions and experimental data analyses.
- Use computational techniques to interrogate high throughout data (WGS, sc and bulk RNAseq, ChipSeq) and answer biological questions in neuroscience
- Document code, analyses and streamline workflows
- Work on NGS approaches (e.g long read sequencing) for characterization of packaged AAV genomes and support product and analytical development.
- Ph.D. in genetics or computational biology; post PhD experience desired but not essential
- Proficiency Programming Experience in R, python or equivalent
- Strong scientific background including an understanding of molecular biology, genomics.
- Experience in NGS analyses - WES/WGS or Chip-seq or long-read sequencing.
- A strong publication record or relevant work experience.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, you may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.