ERM is looking for Environmental Inspectors to oversee environmental compliance during the construction phase of energy projects located across the United States. The projects we work on and the services we provide demand teams of multiple disciplinary professionals working collaboratively to meet our clients' needs.
* The primary responsibilities of this temporary, field-based position include:
* Preparing and conducting environmental training for construction personnel;
* Conducting field inspections, monitoring and field survey work as directed;
* Interacting with and serving as a point of contact with agency officials, regulatory agency staff, landowners, contractors, clients and other project members and conducting required agency notifications;
* Reviewing and implementing project documents and providing direction, support and critical judgment on environmental compliance issues;
* Providing technical leadership, support and direction to field staff. This includes the coordination of daily Environmental Inspector and Resource Monitor schedules and conducting morning construction meetings;
* Critically assessing environmental conditions in the field to evaluate potential environmental impacts from construction;
* Evaluating potential issues and concerns ahead of construction activities;
* Overseeing the proper implementation of mitigation measures;
* Conducting environmental sampling (hydrostatic test water, soil, etc.);
* Overseeing and verifying flagging of wetland boundaries, cultural and biological resources exclusion zones, refueling zones, etc.;
* Inspecting and documenting compliance with a project's environmental requirements by preparing daily written inspection reports that provide up-to-date and consistent written and photo documentation of activities observed in the field;
* Participating in various construction meetings;
* Preparing documentation to support requests for variances from environmental permits;
* Evaluating restoration activities; and
* Performing additional tasks as assigned or required.
The role of an Environmental Inspector requires meticulous oversight by highly skilled individuals stationed in the field throughout construction to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations. Qualifications of individuals to be considered will include:
* BS or BA degree, equivalent environmental inspection or monitoring experience, or a minimum of 6 years of relevant construction experience; and
* 4+ years of environmental inspection, monitoring, or permitting experience specific to linear and/or other energy infrastructure projects.
* An understanding of construction (e.g., pipelines, power lines, compressor/pumping stations, gas storage fields, wind farms, solar facilities, offshore facilities) gained through field experience;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
* Proficient technical skills, including, but not limited to, experience using Microsoft Office programs and digital cameras;
* Knowledge of environmental sampling methods; and
* The ability to travel extensively and to work 40 to 70+ hours per week in a physically demanding position on temporary assignments.
* Be physically fit and able to;
* Walk/hike for up to 10 hours per day on possible uneven, steep, challenging terrain
* Be able to carry up to 10 pounds of equipment while walking/hiking
* Work in all weather conditions
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!