Who are we, and what do we do? At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture - solving the world's food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for an Sythetic Biologist in the Systems & Synthetic Biology group within Crop Protection Discovery and Development located in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for a molecular biologist to execute our microbial engineering strategy in supports of our biologicals and natural product discovery and development projects and biocatalysis initiatives.Responsibilities:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Design and execute independent cloning projects that deploy modern molecular biology methods.
- Collaborate with senior scientists to explore new technologies and with automation specialists to improve our platform throughput.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts with scientists from our microbial screening, fermentation, and process development teams.
- Provide technical mentoring to technicians.
- Deliver internal presentations and research reports.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. degree in Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience using molecular cloning methods.
- Experience with QC methods (e.g., qPCR, ddPCR, RT-ddPCR) to validate plasmids and strains.
- Proficiency with aseptic technique.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain detailed records.
Benefits: Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- M.S. in relevant field with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience with the development and execution of automated workflows for molecular biology.
- Experience engineering bacteria to produce metabolites and/or proteins.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!