Location: Denver, CO Title: GIS Analyst IISchedule (FT/PT): FTTravel Required: up to 15%Clearance: PreferredPay Range: $60K-$70KDue to Executive Order 14042, you may be required to provide proof of COVID19 vaccination to qualify for this position.
Incorporated in 2011, North Wind Resource Consulting's core capabilities include environmental documentation and permitting; natural and cultural resource surveys; wildlife and botanical expertise; National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) technical services; historic and prehistoric surveys; environmental consultation such as Section 106 for cultural resources, Section 404 for wetlands, and Section 7 for endangered species); and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mapping capabilities. North Wind Resource Consulting maintains offices across the country.
North Wind Resource Consulting, LLC is seeking a qualified GIS Analyst II
The position can be located in one of several of our offices including: Alexandria, VA, Denver, CO, & Phoenix AZ.
The selected individual will conduct data gathering, conversion, and analysis of GIS data and prepare data documentation and metadata for GIS projects.
Most of the projects will be FEMA resource assessments and figure support, but may also include NEPA documents, fire management plans, environmental assessment support, and environmental remediation support among othersDuties include:
The candidate must also demonstrate reliability, a strong work ethic, effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to complete projects independently and/or in small teams in a responsible and timely manner. This is a fast-paced environment and individuals will need to communicate effectively to technical staff. A candidate with experience in the environmental consulting industry with these types of projects is highly desirable. This opportunity affords excellent experience and applications of GIS in diverse environmental fields Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Environmental Science, Geomatics, Engineering, GIS, or Natural Science
- 2-5 years' experience to support an existing GIS FEMA contract.
- Must have a high level of skill in preparing publish quality maps and exhibits out of ArcGIS 10.x & Arc GIS Pro.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience using GIS software to manipulate, convert, analyze, and map geospatial data.
- Knowledge and experience using ArcGIS 10.x, (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox), or ArcGIS Pro is required.
- A firm understanding of projections and datums.
- Experience in emerging technologies such as operation of unmanned aerial vehicles for data collection, photogrammetric analysis, etc.
- Must have demonstrable experience with providing graphic assistance to for technical reports, and public involvement meeting materials.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Additional experience with FEMA's letter of map revision process and FEMA flood plain analysis is highly desirable
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.