Corteva Agriscience is a leader in delivering novel and sustainable solutions for the future of agriculture. We are seeking a highly motivated Microbiologist
to lead a bioactive discovery team located in Johnston, Iowa. The candidate will be responsible for the isolation, screening, and characterization of various strains towards the discovery of novel proteins. We are looking for candidates who enjoy being in a startup like atmosphere, working hands-on while simultaneously managing scientific/technical projects, as well as participating in broader project teams to enable downstream discovery activities. Responsibilities:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Design and execute strategies aimed to discover novel bioactive leads via techniques of microbiology, biochemistry, computational biology, and molecular biology.
- Lead and manage a research team.
- Set research goals for projects and team members; evaluate employees' performance; and guide researchers' career development.
- Monitor research progress, identify problems, and explore new approaches to achieve research goals.
- Communicate with research leadership and downstream teams on pipeline and progress.
- Coordinate internal and external collaborations.
- Improve and optimize lab processes.
- Analyze results and present research at various meetings.
- Write protocols, reports, manuscripts, and patent applications.
- Keep abreast with relevant technical developments and actively solicit/pursue ideas from all sources, including academia, competitive intelligence, and up-to-date literature.