Join our team and begin a rewarding career with Itafos!
The Coordinator, Mine Environmental
position, reporting to the Supervisor, EH&S Mining Operations, is based out of Conda Phosphate Operations and will be responsible to perform a wide variety environmental related functions at our mine site(s). This position is primarily a field role with the responsibility to perform field work in order to stay compliant to all rules and regulations including, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Air permit, and Waste Management requirements.Specific responsibilities include:
Qualifications for the position include:
- Construct, coordinate, and implement mine management systems:
- Assist with the development of the CPO Mine Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Ensure appropriate documentation is developed to facilitate compliance with all state and federal level requirements:
- Stay current on new federal and state regulations, practices and environmental issues to ensure compliance.
- Revise, maintain, and ensure compliance with the site Storm Water Pollution and Prevention Plan (SWPPP), including the Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) and the Construction General Permit (CGP) at applicable mine sites.
- Revise, maintain, and ensure compliance with the site Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC) at applicable mine sites.
- Revise, maintain, and ensure compliance with the site Air Quality Permit.
- Revise, maintain, and ensure compliance with the Water Quality Permit.
- Develop and implement Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Develop an understanding of the mines Environmental Monitoring Plan (EMP).
- Conduct environmental and safety inspections:
- Assist with federal and state agency tours, inspections, and special projects.
- Conduct all required hazardous waste management inspections and ensure solid waste materials are handled appropriately.
- Perform thorough MSHA pit, office, and job site inspections as required.
- Participate in corporate and agency audits (mine or plant) as directed.
- Conduct sampling campaigns as required and report as applicable
- Collect air, water, soil, and vegetation samples, as required.
- Summarize and maintain database of environmental sampling, testing and recording.
- Coordinate field efforts in compliance with environmental monitoring.
- Conduct environmental reporting required to meet federal, state and mine standards.
- Monitor site EH&S reporting requirements.
- Perform maintenance on silt fence, and other storm water and erosion control devices:
- Operate small mobile equipment (backhoe, skid steer, telehandler, etc.).
- Assist and lead in project management:
- Understand and provide feedback to the draft, design, and implementation for various projects associated to the mine reclamation plan (MRP).
- Oversee contract work through project implementation.
- Identify problems and develop action plans to ensure progress.
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years of Environment and Health experience in an operation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years mining experience preferred.
- Project management experience in mine reclamation, water management, or similar environments preferred.
- Accredited associate degree in environmental studies or equivalent experience.
- 40 Hour Hazwoper Training, or ability to secure within 1 year of employment.
- Idaho drinking water certification, or ability to secure within 1 year of employment.
- Opacity certification, or ability to secure within 1 year of employment.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and e-mail applications.
- Able to work with multiple tasks, prioritize and develop sound timelines.
- Self-motivated, able to work with little to no supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Proficiency and understanding for maintaining a high level of quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC)
** Itafos is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.**